Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nate Berkus ... Will You Accept This Rose?

Is anyone else obsessed with the Nate Berkus Show?  I have my DVR set to record him every day.  I like to consider it my guilty pleasure every afternoon.  The Design Star contestants were on his show yesterday and they had to do a challenge in front of the live audience.  Their challenge was to make something for the house that everyone can make so it had to be (1) easy (2) cheap.  Easy and cheap … I normally don’t put those two words together but when it comes time to decorating, those are my two favorite words! 
By far my favorite, and the design that won the contest, was the decorator that had those standard Ikea shelves and he used vintage books to sit on the brackets instead of the boring shelves they come with.  Can we say GENIUS?!? 

The Nate Berkus Show

Seriously people, this has to be in my house!  I’m going to have to check out the prices at Ikea but if all else fails, I could always make my own, right?  I would love to have one in my daughter’s room or in our upstairs office.  Maybe I could put one in EVERY ROOM!!!!  Okay, that might be an overkill but this definitely has to be made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment